GALICIA DAY TOURS
GALICIAN COOKING CLASS IN SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA (4 hours)
Galician cuisine is highly regarded throughout Spain, as
well as in the rest of the world, especially for its seafood dishes, fantastic
desserts like the traditional Tarta de Santiago and for its white wines,
in particular Albariño. Delve into this world of flavors and learn
how to cook these wonderful dishes the way they do it in Galicia. Become
a Galician cook for a day and afterwards you can delight your friends and
family with the dishes in your own home with an authentic Spanish meal.
Some of the dishes you will be able to prepare
- 'Pulpo á Feira', or 'Pulpo a la Gallega'. One of
the most famous dishes, this octopus dish is one of the best-loved in
all of Spain.
- 'Empanadas'. These pastry pies are some of the best examples
of Galician cuisine, and incorporate ingredients from the lands and seas
of the region. They are also one of the oldest examples of Galician cooking,
dating back over 1000 years!
- Galician Chicken Stew. A hearty meal that incorporates
local flavors and goes great with the local wines.
- Grilled codfish. Another traditional meal with unique local
- 'Carne Ó Caldeiro'. This meat dish is a standard
at all the local festivals and celebrations, and it is one of the most
popular and delicious in the region.
- 'Tarta de Santiago'. This almond-based cake is a delight
on its own or as a dessert with a sweet wine.
- Galician-style cheesecake. Together with 'Tarta de Santiago',
nothing says Galician dessert more than a great piece of this local classic.
- 'Filloas'. Galician crepes. These delicious treats can
be either sweet or savory, and can be enjoyed at any time of the year
with any meal.
This is just a sample of the dishes that you can make in
our cooking classes. The final dish will depend on your preferences as well
as the season and availability of the products (we always try to make sure
that the products are market fresh).
Here is a summary of what you'll do:
- The first step in the cooking class is a market
tour with the chef. Explore the stalls and seasonal products,
to get to know how to choose the best products, which is the freshest
fish or seafood, as well as typical Galician products.
- Afterwards, head to the cooking school where you will
cook the different traditional Galician and Spanish dishes.
- And of course, when you finish cooking, taste
the delicious results of your labor.
The cooking class includes the visit to the market,
the cooking class and the lunch.
Starting from $187 per adult.(*)
(*) The price shown is based on a group of 4 people.
Prices vary for smaller and larger groups, seasons and according to your
preferences and needs. Contact us for more information.