MADRID DAY TOURS
DAY TRIP (7 hours)
Toledo is a monumental walled city just 30 minutes outside
Madrid. It has a long history dating back to the Romans and the influence
of the Moors, Jews and Christians who have called it home are evident in
its streets and sites. That’s why Toledo is called ‘the city
of three cultures’. Toledo is the perfect city to walk around in,
taking in its narrow stoned streets, impressive monuments and an atmosphere
that takes you back to another time.
Some of the highlights of this tour include:
- Panoramic overview of the city.
- Walking tour of Toledo, including:
- The Cathedral. A ‘must see’ visit for
anyone who goes to Toledo. It is called the ‘Catedral Primada
de España’, which means the Catholic church recognizes
it as the most important in Spain.
- San Juan de los Reyes Monastery in which its surpising
and beautiful cloister, one of the two originals, stands out.
- Santa María la Blanca sinagogue. A beautiful
sinagogue build in the Moorish style. A clear example of the cohabitation
of the different cultures in the city.
- Santo Tomé church. A ‘must see’
visit for any art lover: the chance to see El Greco’s famous
painting ‘The burial of the Count of Orgaz’.
- El Salvador church, where you can visit the remains
of the Visigoth settlement and an 11th century (or earlier) mosque.
- Cristo de la Luz mosque. Together with the Mezquita
of Córdoba, it is the oldest mosque in Spain.
- Jesuitas church, including a panoramic view of
the city from the tower.
This tour includes entrance tickets and private
Starting from $233 per adult.(*)
(*) Price shown is based on a group of 6 people. Contact
us for alternatives to private transportation. We usually use the AVE train
for smaller groups otherwise specified by the client. Prices vary for smaller
or larger groups and according to your preferences and needs. Contact us
for special prices for children.